This policy covers all of our interactions with our customers, business partners and anyone who is not an employee or contractor of TOG. This policy covers how we collect and process personal data via http://officegroup.com (our Site), each of our mobile applications that we make available from time to time (Applications) including The Office Group Community and the cookies we apply and use on our Site and Applications. It also applies to how we process personal data generally in our business.
The Site is operated, and the Applications are provided, by The Office Group Limited (company number 6418630) and all affiliate companies.
For the purposes of European data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is:
The Office Group ltd.
The Smiths Building
179 Great Portland Street
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site or using the Applications and by doing business with TOG we assume that you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from and about you
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site or Applications, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site or Applications. The information you give us may include:
- information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Applications, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Applications, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Applications, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your photos and calendar where you choose to allow us access, for example, when you upload a photo to The Office Group mobile application;
- a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
- information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
- which of our office locations you use most regularly in accordance with your employment (which we will enter manually into The Office Group mobile application);
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Applications or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them
- information from promotions or competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications, if you choose to respond to, or participate in;
You are under no obligation to provide any of the information listed above. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services or to work with you.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site or Applications or when you visit us in person we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team. We aim to ensure that you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Applications and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Information we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, your image if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting any of our sites, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
- Information about events to which you or those related to you are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
- Information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for, (for example, details of services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties (any party that refers you to us or provides us with services relating to you, for example). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our Site or Applications if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not otherwise identify users and passwords.
Some of the cookies and other similar technologies used by the Site and Applications are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. We use the following types of cookies:
- Site performance cookies
- Anonymous analytics cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Site performance cookies
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on The Office Group’s website, so you don’t have to re-set them each time you visit. Examples include:
- volume settings for our video player
- whether you see the latest or the oldest article comments first
- video streaming speeds that are compatible with your browser
- Anonymous analytics cookies
- Every time someone visits our website, software provided by Google generates an ‘anonymous analytics cookie’.
- These cookies can tell us whether you have visited the site before.
- Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don’t, we generate new ones.
- This allows us to track how many individual users we have, and how often they visit the site.
- Advertising cookies
- These cookies allow us to know whether you’ve seen an advert or a type of advert, and how long it is since you’ve seen it.
- We also set anonymous cookies on certain other sites that we advertise on. If you receive one of those cookies, we may then use it to identify you as having visited that site if you later visit The Office Group. We can then target our advertising based on this information.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||These cookies are essential for our site to anonymously track user behaviour so that we can better understand and improve upon current user experience.||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|ResponseTap||These cookies allow us to track telephone calls made to the business and attribute them better understand the performance of marketing activities.|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies used on our site will be last no more than 2 years.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site or Applications, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Applications (as the case may be). Methods for disabling the most common cookies on the most common browsers are set out below.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the Site and/or Applications may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Managing Your Member Profile
By registering for any Application, you are indicating that you want to share your information on your profile page which can be viewed by all other registered members. By registering for the Application, you are indicating that you are happy for other registered members to contact you via the in-app instant messaging service. You can block any member you choose once a message has been sent to you. You can manage your notification settings under the “settings” section of the app. You can remove yourself from a TOG Application at any time by clicking the “request profile removal” button in the “settings” section of the Application.
You should not post anything to your profile you do not want community members to see.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on a TOG form on which we collect your data indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our Site and Applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and Applications under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site and Applications to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our premises, Site and Applications safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site and Applications about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences;
- to enter into, and to perform, contracts with you or the person that you work for.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and Applications and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If TOG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TOG, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content of such sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or Applications; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using industry approved technologies. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We retain personal data until you decide to unsubscribe. This may include retention necessary to meet to identify issues or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time, raise a query about this policy, or amend your preferences, by contacting us at:
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ).
In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/)
Changes to this policy
The Office Group
The Smiths Building
179 Great Portland Street