TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
This is a wide-reaching role which provides the opportunity to build on personal knowledge and skills to help create, drive and maintain the sustainability agenda throughout our business. As well as maintaining the sustainability agenda, you will be supported by the business to explore initiatives that can benefit both TOG and our members while actively reducing the environmental and social impacts of our business.
- Coordinate the sustainability agenda for the business, working with the assistance of department heads and external consultants, as appropriate
- Monitor and track sustainability indicators such as energy, natural resources, waste generation and recycling and provide quarterly reports on progress
- Research and stay informed on key regulatory, technical and industry concepts related to sustainability
- Ensure TOG is meeting its environmental legislative requirements including ESOS & SECR
- Maintain sustainability targets across key drivers in the portfolio and drive improvements to achieve these
- Manage and communicate all sustainability-related TOG policies and strategies internally and with suppliers/contractors alike
- Develop and take responsibility for an annual sustainability report – reporting on key portfolio drivers
- Plan annual audits of sustainability processes to ensure they remain relevant and effective
- Provide advice and support across the business to enable people to manage their environmental responsibilities
- Work with our marketing and communications team to promote TOG sustainability news and innovations
- Develop training programmes for head office and building teams to support sustainability targets
- Collaborate and share knowledge with our clients and operational teams
- Provide regular updates to the business on the sustainability agenda (format to be determined)
- Plan and work with budgets.
- Liaise with the Environment Agency, Local Authorities etc as required
- Continuously seek innovation to support our sustainability strategy
- Degree Level in relevant course
- Understanding and proven experience of the construction and fit out of offices and facility management of buildings. Awareness of green certification schemes such as BREEAM and WELL Building would be preferred.
- Great organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to plan and rationalise priorities
- Able to critically tailor ideas and programmes to the business
- Able to balance your commitment to the environment with the need to be corporate and business minded
- Capacity and willingness to learn and absorb information
- Confident written and oral skills, including presentation
- Able to show leadership abilities
- Previous experience of working on sustainability topics with a solid knowledge of key sustainability & corporate social responsibility issues and awareness of environmental legislation preferred
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, creative thinking
- Innovative spirit
- Sense of humour and ability to connect with people
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position