TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
As a Senior Acquisition Manager at TOG you will responsible for sourcing new freehold, leasehold and joint venture opportunities, across the U.K. and Europe whilst coordinating with the development and finance teams. The candidate will ensure they are fully aware of market activity and an in-depth understanding of TOG in order to find best in class office buildings suitable for the business.
The candidate will drive forward complex and competitive negotiations whilst managing relationships with internal stake-holders and sophisticated building owners.
Deal examples will include; forward-purchases, freehold purchases, pre-lets, general leasing deals and joint venture partnerships.
The role will be purely office focused but it will cover London, the U.K regions, Scotland and Europe (specifically Germany and France initially)
- Reporting into the Head of Acquisitions for UK and Europe.
- Deal origination of potential new buildings for TOG to acquire.
- Liaising with different departments to run feasibilities models in a quick and succinct manner.
- To assist the Head of Acquisitions on new opportunities.
- In-depth understanding of the U.K. office market, Landlord and Tenant Law and key stakeholders
- Working closely with Senior Management to provide regular updates on transactions and provide information for reporting purposes.
- Play a key role in negotiating lease contracts and managing the legal process through to lease completion.
- Develop a commercial understanding of TOG and how the building design and revenue impacts on the KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the office market that create new opportunities.
- Preparing and submitting investment papers, presenting at investment committee, presenting to Senior Management.
- Successful and orderly handover of complete acquisitions to the development management team.
- First degree and/or post graduate degree in preferably relevant subject (this could include property, economics, finance, geography etc.)
- Member of the RICS
- Financial Modelling
- K. Landlord & Tenant Law
- General Understanding of mechanical and electrical services for office buildings
- Very good understanding of the U.K. office market
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Strong communication skills – internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills
- MS Office, Word and Excel
- Highly Organised
- Ability to work quickly under pressure across multiple projects in an entrepreneurial environment
- Skills to project manage a transaction from inception right through to completion with the support of the Head of Acquisitions, – working with and controlling teams.
- Skills to understand structure of deals and execution of complex transactions.
- Strong transactional experience.
- Proven understanding of operating in the U.K. office market.
- Strong relationship building skills, with a co-operative and consensus-based approach;
- 5+ post graduate experience
- Experience in freehold’s, management agreements and JV’s
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- High Level of verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good project management and organisational skills
Please email email@example.com to apply for this position