The Office Group provides beautifully designed flexible work spaces for a range of companies from start-ups to established corporates. We have 31 locations across London, with one building in Bristol and one in Leeds. As TOG employees (Toggers) we are dynamic, we do what we say we will and we love what we do. We dare to be different, and we never miss an opportunity to say hello.
The Project Development Director (PDP), supported by the Development Manager (DM) will be working alongside TOG’s Head of Acquisitions as the property/project specialist driving the feasibility, acquisition and delivery planning of TOG’s buildings. They will be responsible and accountable for managing development projects throughout the development process and working as part of the acquisitions team to provide the development and construction input required on leasehold and freehold acquisitions.
They will, along with the assistance of the DM, be responsible for inputting accurately at the financial and terms feasibility stage, working with the Head of Acquisitions to agree building specific Heads of Terms with Landlords, thereafter driving the transaction (including front-end architectural and budget input) with Landlords and professional advisors.
Additionally, the DPD will be responsible in overseeing development projects through the pre-contract phases, taking ownership of development matters including planning, statutory consents, neighbourly matters, etc, ensuring that development risks are managed and mitigated, and projects are driven forward to the construction phase.
Together with the DM, the DPD will be responsible for managing and tracking the budget and programme performance of projects.
The role is predominantly focused on UK projects, but with growing involvement in TOG’s growth in Europe (initially in Germany).
The role is challenging but rewarding, and candidates must have extensive previous development experience within the property/construction sector.
- Assist with the development and construction aspects of leasehold and freehold acquisitions.
- Oversee development projects through pre-contract phases.
- Primarily focused on UK projects, with involvement in European projects.
- Responsibility for some landlord liaison, particularly during the period where LL is undertaking shell & core and/or Cat A works, prior to TOG fit out works commencing.
- With support from the PD/PM on the project, the PDP should ensure the requirements of the Agreement for Lease are being followed, resolving any issues with the Landlord.
- Undertake due diligence on potential new acquisitions. This will involve organising building surveys, space planning analysis, budget requirements, etc.
- Input into the financial model as necessary to ensure that the building parameters, gross areas versus rental areas, internal area efficiencies, development programme, scheme budgets etc are captured to assess scheme viability.
- If viable, work with the acquisitions team on understanding landlord/tenant respective agendas to negotiate appropriate Heads of Terms.
- Analysis of Landlord fitout plans and specifications to enable TOG to influence Landlord scope.
- Manage technical negotiations with Landlords, including negotiating parameters for TOG fitout (space plans and technical/design scope), and Landlord cost contributions. Whilst the commercial elements will be led by the Head of Acquisitions, the DPD will need to be commercially astute to understand context of technical information required, and development contracts (drawdowns/warranties etc).
- Appoint third party consultants and specialists as necessary to deliver inputs (landlord liaison, space planning, interior design, technical architectural services, construction cost budgeting, environmental and sustainability considerations, legal advice, fire engineering, etc).
- Work with Head of Acquisitions to drive transaction.
Development Management of Projects
- Appoint and manage teams of external consultants.
- Manage the preparation of planning applications.
- Manage teams of external consultants through pre-contract activities such as Rights of Light, Party Wall, etc.
- Manage the legal requirements of projects (appointments, warranties, etc).
- Manage contractor tendering and procurement.
- Manage and drive design development and TOG internal design approval process.
- Oversee delivery of scheme to project completion.
- Monitor and report the cost, programme, legal and design performance of projects.
Qualified to Degree level
Professional qualification (RICS, etc)
- 10+ years Construction Project Management / Development Management experience
- Commercial awareness
- Working as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams
New build construction, CAT A office fitout
Occupier-side Cat B office fit-out experience
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- Enjoys problem solving
- Likes using own initiative
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position