TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the monthly processing of all aspects of the company’s UK and German payroll and work closely with the outsource payroll provider.
- Responsible for processing the monthly payroll for the UK company for about 350 employees.
- Liaising with our outsourced payroll provider to resolve payroll queries and ensure accurate processing of payroll changes instructions.
- Maintain the payroll system and ensure all changes are reflected accordingly (pension, salary, etc.)
- Processing all statutory payments and carrying out manual calculations if required.
- Collecting, calculating and processing items of variable pay (commissions, bonus, overtime etc)
- Responsible for all post monthly payroll reporting e.g. payroll journal.
- Preparing and uploading monthly pension contribution file on to the pension platform each month and keeping the platform up to date with regards to opt outs, salary changes etc.
- Liaise with HMRC when necessary.
Year-end / Annual reporting
- Assist with the year-end process including producing P11D/P11D(B)/P60
- Preparing calculation for the PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement).
- Assisting in the annual Gender Pay Gap Reporting calculation.
- Responsible for the monthly German payroll and inform outsourced payroll provider of any changes.
- Instruct monthly payments for salary, social insurance and tax.
- Preparing the payroll journal for Finance.
- Managing day to day interactions with staff and line managers in respect of payroll, pension and tax queries.
- Ad hoc projects in relation to joiner and leaver administration, payroll and reward and benefits.
- Keep abreast of any changes in relevant UK legislation.
- Review processes and implement new procedures where required.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Relevant payroll qualification
- Sound working knowledge of RTI and auto-enrolment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current UK PAYE/HMRC legislation, NICs, SMP, SPP, ShPP, SSP and the practical application of all the statutory payments
- Microsoft excel
- Knowledge of serviced office industry
- Worked with ADP iHCM system
- Knowledge of German payroll
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Able to reconcile data
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of process improvement
Please email [email protected] to apply for this position