TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 44 buildings, 41 of which are in London, 7 of which are in development, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
TOG is in a rapid stage of growth – +60% for the last 3 years – and is one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies in the UK. As the market for flexible office space has grown, so has the competition for clients and members. As a result, TOG must continue to provide an explosive combination of innovative and performance-based marketing to stay ahead of the competition and achieve challenging commercial targets.
At the heart of our marketing strategy is the desire to build an enduring relationship with our clients and members by developing a strong community and providing an amazing customer experience. Part of this experience will come from the rich variety of events we put on for our members. We are known for our innovation and creativity in this field and this must continue in the future.
These events will take many forms – platform events for our members to promote their businesses, entrepreneurship events to learn from, design events for inspiration, wellness events to promote a healthy mindset and workplace and social events to connect and entertain our members.
In addition, there will be a number of external events to build the profile of the TOG brand. These will be a combination of sponsorship activation and PR events.
We need to have a more strategic and curated approach to all events and deliver them with the quality and creativity that you would expect from the TOG brand.
- Provide an annual event strategy and plan. Develop an event strategy and plan based around TOG’s 5 key content pillars – a platform for members, entrepreneurship, design, wellness and social.
- Develop key partnerships. Where we don’t have the expertise in-house, develop key external partnerships to deliver the plan.
- Develop and implement a really strong programme of events and parties. Ensure all events are delivered with real quality, with the attention-to-detail expected from the TOG brand. All events should be relevant and original where possible.
- Develop and communicate a monthly schedule of events online, the app and in booklet form. Ensure all events are effectively communicated to our members through available channels. Work with the Creative team to ensure good stand-out and clear and timely communication.
- Sponsorship activation. Where TOG sponsor events, ensure the events are activated in a meaningful and effective way. This might include; pop-up spaces, event and exhibition stands, associated marketing literature, branded merchandise and event resourcing.
- PR events. Ensure TOG PR events are well managed and reflect well on the brand. These might include launch parties and press dinners.
- Ensure all events are well attended and delivered in a professional way. Be a champion and ambassador for all TOG events and continuously look for opportunities to maximise attendance and enjoyment of the events.
- Develop brand guidelines for the building events. Develop and communicate a set of event guidelines for building teams to use for their own events. This should ensure consistency and professionalism for all TOG events.
- Oversee and manage the events budget. Allocate, monitor and manage an event budget of £100,000+
- A love of cultural events and talks
- An understanding of current trends
- Project management
- Highly organised
- Creative, with an appreciation of good design
- At least 5 years’ experience in-house or at an agency
- Event management
- Party organisation
- Marketing communication
- Proactive, takes responsibility, Energetic, self-motivated, positive
Please email email@example.com to apply for this position