TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 44 buildings, 41 of which are in London, 7 of which are in development, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
Employee communications is a strategically important business driver for TOG and its leaders. This role reports to the Chief People Officer and the ideal candidate will be experienced at influencing stakeholders and driving change in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will lead TOG’s employee communications strategy with a focus on our people, leadership communications, fostering a collaborative and high performing culture and ensuring two-way communication.
- Develop and lead on the implementation of an insight driven employee communications strategy
- Foster a high-performance culture through strategic communication that creates Champions, agents of change and chief storytellers
- Drive a powerful and transparent ‘one company’ narrative while recognising and celebrating the nuances and needs of individual functions, leaders and locations
- Partner with Marketing, Talent Acquisition, HR and Learning & Development to drive the overall people agenda, including stimulating recruitment by showcasing TOG as an employer of choice.
- Create and implement ongoing strategic metrics, both qualitative and quantitative to measure success and impact of employee engagement and communications efforts.
- Undertake a bi-annual pulse survey measuring progress & improvements in line with the People Strategy
- Create an employee experience that leverages Workplace as a driver for employee engagement and enables open conversations
- Deliver rich content in formats that plug into a digital world
- Build communications capability with key leaders and help them to deliver engaging and authentic communications to our employees.
- Provide strategic counsel to our leadership to drive effective communications and collaboration
- Business partner with key functions to improve communications and engagement capability
- Own and co-ordinate content for internal engagement events
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced employee communications professional, with proven expertise in all aspects of communications across multiple communications channels
- Experience in working with complex subject matters and creating clear and compelling messages to drive engagement and understanding across a broad audience group
- Business transformation and change communications experience
- Proven ability to coach executives, influence senior leaders and develop strong relationships when working across the organisation, to get things done
- Project management experience to prioritise and drive communications initiatives and deliver work on time and to budget
- Experience in developing and managing digital communications channels to drive effective employee communications
Education and Qualifications
BA Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism or similar
Job Specific / Technical Skills
- You’ll have 5+ years of employee communications experience – preferably gained within retail, internet, hospitality or technology sectors. You’ll also be able to demonstrate a strong track record in the following areas:
- Able to build internal credibility and become a sought-after and trusted resource for communications advice and counsel.
- Operate as a respected business partner, not simply taking direction, but driving strategic communications programmes, providing valuable counsel, advice and appropriate pushback.
- Technology savvy. Able to harness all types of media/channels that will engage our internal audiences.
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills. Creative, persuasive and diplomatic when presenting ideas.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities, managing process, and delivering results under tight time constraints.
A strong team player, who thrives in a collaborative environment
Enthusiastic, creative and resourceful. An energetic self-starter, willing to take the initiative and makes things happen.
Excellent problem-solving and decision-making judgment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.