TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the flexible workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas our aim was to reconfigure the modern workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 25,000 members working across 47 buildings, with more on the way. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The role is greenfield and is to be accountable for the sourcing of all goods and services across the business including the selection, appointment and management of key suppliers. The task at hand is to set up a best practice procurement function suitable for the businesses growth ambitions and expansion into international territories. The role will be responsible for the development of procurement strategies, sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management.
- Source suppliers and develop relationships to negotiate and buy goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements. This includes supplier selection, tendering and cost estimation.
- Working with the Property Team to drive cost savings and synergies across multiple building developments and fit outs by strategically reviewing specifications and opportunities for standardization.
- Working with operational teams to drive cost savings, improve service levels and manage risk across the supply base.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of the purchasing strategy and for ensuring optimal supplier performance, price and delivery.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Establish new internal practices such that all purchasing decisions across every department flow through the procurement function.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and internal controls.
- Rationalise and consolidate the number of suppliers the business procures from to streamline decision making, leverage scale and build relationships.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process and the development of new systems for the management of suppliers and costs.
- Review the businesses Global Sourcing activities ensuring that all global sources of supply are considered and where appropriate leveraged.
- Proactively develop and manage the team ensuring that individual work plans & priorities are aligned at all times with the overall objectives & priorities of the department.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to key stakeholders with a view to becoming an invaluable business partner to the Property function.
- Educated to Degree level
- CIPS qualified
- Financial Modelling
- U.K. Landlord & Tenant Law
- General Understanding of mechanical and electrical services for office buildings
- Very good understanding of the U.K. office market
- Knowledge of flexible workspace market
- Knowledge of the co-working market
- Foreign languages would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Strong communication skills – internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly Organised
- Procurement strategy development and implementation
- Sourcing plan development & implementation
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Relationship Management – Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Influencing – Able to communicate & influence effectively at senior / Executive levels
- Project & Change Management – Able to oversee complex change programmes, lead cross-functional projects and deliver results to agreed timescales
- Leadership and people management – excellent leadership and people management abilities
- Finance – fully conversant with business financial accounting and able to analyse and report data effectively to key financial stakeholders
- Strong procurement experience, ideally with an emphasis on property development/fit out
- Strong relationship building skills, with a co-operative and consensus-based approach;
- International experience, particularly Germany and France
- Experience with FF&E procurement
- Line management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible in approach, comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position