TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 44 buildings, 41 of which are in London, 7 of which are in development, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
We are looking for a Group Accountant to join our growing Finance team. This is a new role which reports into the Financial Controller.
The key functions of the role are cash flow management and forecasting, statutory financial reporting including consolidations and delivering reporting to our private equity shareholders.
Reporting to Blackstone:
Since being acquired by Blackstone in 2017, TOG has had several new key financial reports to deliver on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The Group Accountant role will take ownership of these, ensuring accuracy, consistency and timely submission to Blackstone, and will also incorporate changes and improvements to processes and presentation of this information as required.
Cash flow management and forecasting:
One of the most important functions of the finance team is keeping a close eye on our cash requirements in the short and long term. The Group Accountant will be responsible for:
- Creating a robust process for cash management on a weekly/monthly basis
- Preparation of cash flow forecast weekly 45 day and 12 month look forward. Forecasting future equity/debt requirements.
- Report quarterly on historical cash usage.
- Preparation of compliance reporting to banks
- Review the preparation of the information for year end statutory financial reporting including disclosures for 25+ group entities
- Year end Group reporting within a tight deadline
- Prepare the consolidations for both group and statutory reporting
- Manage the audit deliverables and queries
- Run technical accounting analyses and assist with implementation of IFRS 16
- Accounting for new acquisitions, group restructuring
- Accounting for investments in foreign subsidiaries
- Consolidation for monthly management accounts
- Assist management accounts team with review and analysis at month end
- Assist Tax Manager with year end tax reporting requirements, transfer pricing and other ad-hoc tasks
- Support to Financial Controller/ Director of Finance for ad-hoc reporting queries
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Strong technical IFRS knowledge (including IFRS 16)
- Very strong MS Excel skills
- Acquisition accounting and consolidations
- Multi-currency group accounts
- Top 10 Accounting firm training
- Post qualified experience in finance department
- Working with large volumes of data
- Property/ Retail/ multi-site industry experience with group reporting
- Large company finance system
- Self-motivated and committed
- Strong time-management
- Excellent and clear communication skills to enable effective cross-function working, confidence to communicate to senior stakeholders
Please email email@example.com to apply for this position