TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The role of the Finance Manager reports directly to the Financial Controller.
The role has responsibility for management and statutory reporting, financial analysis, management of a team of 7 qualified and part qualified accountants and numerous ad hoc reporting and analysis work to support the business’s rapid growth.
Key responsibilities of the role are wide and varied but summarised as:
– Production of monthly consolidated Group and Joint Venture management packs and associated commentary and analysis
– Review of month end P&Ls and balance sheets prepared by management accounts team
– Administering accuracy of budget and forecast reports in the management packs
– Controlling corporate overhead reporting process
– Assisting with implementation of international accounting and reporting processes
– Leading improvements and efficiencies in the month end process
– Review of group business rate expense accounting and liaising with Business Rates Manager
– Production of ad hoc commercial reports as required by Financial Controller and Director of Finance
– Running objective setting process and development for direct reports
Transactional process review and approvals
– Assisting the FC with accounts payable and accounts receivable process review and transformation to support growth
– Review and approval of invoices, payment runs and deposit returns
– Assist AP and AR managers with customer and supplier ledger maintenance
– Responsibility for accuracy of accounting for non-standard billing arrangements, third party reporting and related cash flows
Financial Reporting & Tax
– Review of lease accounting schedules
– Assisting Tax Manager with corporate tax, VAT and foreign tax compliance
– Completion of statutory returns and Companies Act compliance
– Responsibility for assisting the FC and Director of Finance with finance system development projects relating to billing, purchase order systems and integration with CRM
– Responsibility for production of bank covenant compliance documents including monthly reporting pack and compliance certificates
– Cost review and implementation/maintenance of approved supplier list
– Working with Commercial Finance Team to drive business partnering to other TOG departments
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant. ACA or ACCA or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong commercial awareness and good understanding of the sector and current financial environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Technical excellence.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to communicate with finance and partner with other departments across the business.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate junior members of team.
- Able to produce clearly laid out, considered work papers / reports.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel abilities
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Have previously prepared statutory financial statements under FRS101 and IFRS.
- Experience of interacting with senior non finance personnel.
- Experience in finance management.
- Proven track record of suggesting / implementing improvements to financial processes.
- Prior industry experience.
- At least 2 years experience running the month end process for a similar size organisation
- Team player
Please email [email protected] to apply for this position