TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The Building Manager (BM) is responsible for all aspects of running an efficient, safe and profitable building whilst focusing on the company’s key objective of providing exceptional customer service. You are responsible for the day to day management of the team within the building, ensuring that ongoing support and training is delivered to enable each employee to maximise their individual potential and exceed the members experience expectations.
- Creating an exceptional building environment each and every day that encourages daily connections with members and guests and exceeds their expectations
- Encouraging ongoing client connections by arranging events and meet ups; instil a sense of community within the building and among the wider TOG community.
- Ensure client file data meets compliance standards and is captured in line with regulations including both TOG policies and legal requirements.
- Promoting sustainability within the building in accordance with TOG sustainable initiatives. Generate ideas and initiatives to drive a constant improvement plan for ecological practices
- Carry out regular building walks to generate the achievement of high visual standards across all areas in accordance with the building standards checklist. Report any maintenance or facilities issues in a timely manner and follow up accordingly with clients. Work closely with maintenance, facilities and cleaning teams through the effective use of the Freshdesk platform to upkeep the building in line with the desired standards levels
- Accountable for end to end member experience at building level ensuring building teams are exceeding in member experience service expectations at all times. Provide excellent meeting room service and hospitality ensuring all guest and members receive outstanding service. Oversee member on-boarding and off-boarding to ensure a smooth and seamless welcome and departure using the move in and out checklists. Arrange quarterly client catch ups to review service, respond to comments raised and action constructive feedback
- Work in partnership with the Portfolio Manager and support with new business viewings and walk ins as and when needed, raise renewal and expansion agreements as directed by the Portfolio Manager.
- Ensure that both you and the building team are knowledgeable and trained on all TOG products to enable you their effective promotion
- Responsible for achieving your building mystery shop and member survey targets, implementing action plans to achieve the objectives set for you at the AOM review meeting
- On site team management including arranging daily plans and schedules, overseeing opening and closing procedures, conducting morning meetings and monthly team meetings. Conduct probation reviews, appraisal meetings, objective setting, managing sickness and absence. Carry out regular one to one meetings with the team, training all new starters on process, procedures and expectations using the 8-week training plan. Manage the building rota incorporating leave and absence and conduct disciplinary/formal investigations as directed by and in liaison with the People team. Responsible for on-site resourcing including conducting interviews for available roles within your building
- Troubleshooting day to day IT & Telcoms issues, escalating where appropriate and ensure their full resolution
- Actioning the complete PO system (including raising, sending and receipting PO’s in a timely manner), submitting and approving recharges prior to the monthly deadline, petty cash card management and submitting overtime forms. In conjunction with the Billing Co-ordinator provide documentation (Licence agreements and direct debit forms), accurate information and detailed correspondence surrounding invoicing and billing
- Arrange client alterations when required using the Freshdesk platform and ensuring correct information is supplied to both the alterations team and the client using the client sign off form.
- Ensure that the statutory and company Health and Safety standards and obligations are adhered to for all people in the building. This includes accident reporting, managing fire evacuations, performing client inductions and conducting regular Health and Safety checks.
- Manage adherence to the building security measures including safe storage of access keys and cards, cancelling lost/old access cards, checking access control doors, building walks as part of the closing procedure
Significant direct and indirect role dimensions/metrics financial (e.g. budgets/results) and non-financial (e.g. customers/staff)
- Monthly Buildings Budget
- Monthly Invoicing/On Boarding/Off Boarding
- Direct Reports: Front of House (up to 5)
- Building Member Relationships
Qualifications / Skills:
Knowledge and Experience
- Line management and resourcing
- Financial awareness, cost effective building management, billing and invoicing
- MS Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Service Industry/customer facing experience
- Health and Safety Regulations knowledge to building standards level
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C/8-4 grade or equivalent
Job Specific / Technical Skills
- Extensive member facing and customer service
- Previous exposure to HR process adherence and people management
- Resourceful, articulate, personable
- Ability to multitask and communicate at all levels
- Resilient, self motivated and proactive
- Professional and confidential
- Quick to learn and engage with people
Please email [email protected] to apply for this position