TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by modern technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 16,000 members working across 35 open buildings, 33 of which are in London, with more on the way in the UK and Germany. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The role of the Area Events Manager is to manage & plan, end to end, events from design stage through to delivery & post event administration. This Area Manager will be responsible for the sales performance and the delivery of mid to large scale events across their designated sites.
The AEM will be working predominantly on CRM, with lead-flow incoming both internally and externally. It will be the responsibility of the AEM to convert qualitative leads into bookings and look after the client throughout the booking and delivery process. AEM’s role primarily consists of designing bespoke proposals to meet individual client needs and best qualifying them to their most suited venue, within the event portfolio.
Delivery of events consists of the AEM creating function sheets, ordering from all suppliers, event setup, being present at delivery stage, managing a team and overseeing the successful breakdown of the event. It is then the responsibility of the AEM to follow up with the client and post-event admin.
You will need to work closely with the other AEM’s and the Event Executive to ensure the smooth running of client experience.
As an ambassador for TOG, you will be expected to cross sell all products and buildings within our portfolio.
- Follow up on qualified leads sent over from the Event Executive
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery
- Conduct show rounds
- Up sell additional event services and add-ons
- Organise all elements of confirmed event bookings – place orders, raise PO’s, maintain stockroom
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
- Deliver events operationally (setup, running, breakdown)
- Manage team during events
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Post-event administration (financial reconciliation etc.)
- Weekly Event Sales Reporting
- Having expert knowledge of all event buildings, their spaces and full event offerings
- Being able to upsell or promote other services to clients (catering, event entertainment, event theming)
- Support central sales team with general sales enquiries and sales line when required
- Graduate level
- Business management
- Hospitality and tourism
- Event Management
- MS Office & Advanced Excel
- Event Industry Knowledge
- CRM System Experience
- Competitor knowledge
- Licensing & event legislation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Hands-on team player with strong problem-solving ability and exceptional attention to detail.
- Possess a flexible and resilient attitude.
- Able to multi task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to task prioritise
- Financial & accounting competence
- Fast learner in fast paced business
- Negotiation skills
- 3 years + Event Experience in similar role
- 2 years face to face sales experience
- Customer relations experience
- Industry experience
- Finance/accounting experience
- Event operational background
- Previous sales background
- Project management skills
- Design work
- Marketing / advertising
- Previous experience in senior role
- Previous experience managing a team
- Target driven & proactive
- Team player but used to working independently
- Professional with excellent communication skills
Please email [email protected] to apply for this position