TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 15,000 members working across 29 buildings, 27 of which are in London, with more on the way. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The role of the TOG Germany Assistant Management Accountant is to manage the end to end finance processes for TOG Germany.
The candidate will be responsible the P&L and Balance sheet for TOG Germany, including month end close responsibilities and accounts payable. The candidate will take responsibility for other financial duties within the team throughout the month and provide ad hoc assistance to the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Director of Finance as required.
- Manage the growing Germany portfolio of the TOG Group’s properties and act as the finance contact for those buildings
- Keep up to date on the day to day operations of your buildings, providing updates when required to other members of finance and head office staff
- Maintain a working relationship with the building managers, and provide them with analysis when required
- Conduct meetings with the Building Managers and discuss budgets, review financial performance, and forecast future events
Month End Accounting
- Complete month end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheets for the buildings in your portfolio and corporate overhead
- Understand and provide variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget
- Post accrual, prepayment and payroll journals for each building
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet items including the fixed asset register and aged creditors
- Monthly forecast review for consolidation into the UK forecast
Foreign entity responsibilities
- Foreign exchange weekly reconciliations and inter-company balance review
- Monthly recharging of credit card and expense claims by UK TOG Staff
- Prepare the monthly VAT return for review by the UK Tax Manager
- Maintain the general ledger and update as necessary with new GL codes
- Ad-hoc translation work as required
- Review and process supplier invoices for TOG Germany
- Build and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- Prepare weekly payment runs for review by the accounts payable manager
- Reconcile the TOG Germany bank accounts daily, ensuring all transactions are coded correctly
On-boarding of operational buildings
- Set up and manage the client billing process in the three-month period leading up to the first buildings opening date (February 2020).
- Client direct debit set up and management
- Operational month end building responsibilities from January 2020
- PTX supplier payment set up process to be implemented
Other financial duties
- Business partnering with relevant heads of departments to provide historical cost analysis
- Review existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements, and implement them
- Develop and create reports using Jet and Excel
- Preparation of annual audit packs and assistance with auditor queries
- Year-end US group reporting
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Qualification in Finance / Business Studies
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel abilities
- Experience in creating Jet reports or similar within Excel
- Strong commercial awareness and good understanding of the sector and current financial environment
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Technical excellence.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to communicate with finance and non-finance personnel.
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in finance management.
- Record of suggesting / implementing improvements to financial processes.
- Industry experience.
- Proactive & Self motivated
- Team player
Please email email@example.com to apply for this position