The Office Group
Website and Applications Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for http://www.theofficegroup.co.uk (Site) and each of our mobile applications that we make available from time to time (Applications) including The Office Group Community.
We dare to be different, and we never miss an opportunity to say hello….
The Site is operated, and the Applications are provided, by The Office (Islington) Limited with registered company number 04878697 (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Applications, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Applications, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Applications, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your photos and calendar where you choose to allow us access, for example, when you upload a photo to The Office Group mobile application;
- a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
- information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
- which of our office locations you use most regularly in accordance with your employment (which we will enter manually into The Office Group mobile application);
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Applications or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site or access or use any Applications, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Applications and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies and other similar technologies
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or Applications;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site or Applications (including how long you spend on the Site or Applications) and where you have come to the Site or Applications from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions of the Applications are most popular with users; and
Some of the cookies and other similar technologies used by the Site and Applications are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site or Applications, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Applications (as the case may be).
The types of cookies we use and what we use them for are listed below: